Renew Life FloraBABY is a multi-strain probiotic specifically formulated for newborn infants as young as one day old.
- A daily multi-strain blend of probiotics specifically formulated for newborn infants as yound as one day old that provides 2 billion live bacterial cultures designed for the intestinal tract of children
- Contains 5 different stains of live bacteria
- Combination of both Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Bifidobacterium strains, including Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis
- Used in NICU units in over 40 Canadian hospitals
- Clinically studied* probiotic that can be taken as early as one day old (*Janvier A, J Malo, Barrington KJ. Cohort study of probiotics in a North American neonatal intensive care unit. Journal of pediatrics 164.5 (2014): 980-985)
- Flavourless powder that can be easily mixed into warm or cool drinks such as infant formula, water, juice, milk, and/or soft foods such as apple sauce. It can also be made into a paste and applied to the nipple during breastfeeding
- Requires refrigeration
- Contains NO: gluten, egg, mustard, peanuts, seafood (fish, crustaceans, shellfish), sesame, tree nuts, wheat, artificial colour, or binders
Directions: Infants (0-1 year) - mix 1 scoop (500mg) per day into cool or warm water, juice, milk, or other liquid immediately before use. Do not mix with hot liquid or food. Adults, adolescents, and children over 1 year old - Mix 2 scoops (1 gram) per day into cool or warm water, juice, milk, or other liquid immediately before use. Do not mix with hot liquid or food. May be repeated up to 3 times per day. If you are on antibiotics, take at least 2-3 hours before or after. requires refrigeration. Do not expose to heat.
Cautions: Allergen warning - this product contains milk and soy. Do not use this product if you have a milk or soy allergy. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset (eg. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days. Do not use if you have an immune-compromised condition (eg. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment). Keep out of the reach of children. For infants 0-1 year, consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 6 continuous weeks. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
60 grams per container
|Medicinal Ingredients: each serving contains|
|Bifidobacterium breve (HA-129) - Whole Cell||600 million CFU|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus (HA-111) - Whole Cell||500 million CFU|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum (HA-132) - Whole Cell||400 million CFU|
|Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis (HA-116) - Whole Cell||300 million CFU|
|Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum (HA-135) - Whole Cell||200 million CFU|
|Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Maltodextrin, ascorbic acid, ingredients to maintain the viability of live microorganisms (skim milk, trypticase-soy broth, and sucrose)|