Essiac Herbal Powder for immune system support.
- trusted Worldwide since 1922, formulated by Rene M. Caisse, RN.
- based on traditional herbal medicine.
- traditionally used in herbal supplements as an alternative to help remove accumulated waste products (toxinx) via the skin, kidneys and mucus membranes.
- makes approx. 2 liters (72 fl oz) of Essiac.
- one box will last 1-2 weeks depending upon your use of this product.
- tastes like a herbal tea.
- once the powder has been prepared, it will retain its potency and freshness for approximately 6 weeks, stored in the refrigerator.
- gluten free product.
- made in Canada.
Directions: take 2-4 ounces (60-120 ml) twice daily. Take one hour before or after meals. Consult your health care practitioner for prolonged use.
Preparation (instructions found on label):
- Add one box of ESSIAC® to 88 fl oz (approx. 2.5 liters) of water in a covered vessel. Use filtered, distilled or spring water. Use stainless steel or glassware. Do not use an aluminium vessel.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
- Remove from heat, keep covered and let stand for 4 hours to increase potency.
- Bring to a boil again and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
- Remove from heat. Scald, or dishwasher clean, a tall narrow container and pour in the ESSIAC®. Cover, refrigerate and let stand overnight to increase potency. A small amount of sediment may be present in the final ESSIAC® tea. Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze or microwave.
Cautions: do not take if you have kidney stones or or arthritis or gastro-intestinal disorders including intestinal obstruction or appendicitis, abdominal pain of unknown origin, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes, if you take oral medication and/or if symptoms persist or worsen.
Contraindications: do not use if you are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae/Compositae/Daisy/family. Not to be taken during pregnancy or by nursing mothers. Keep out of reach of children.
42.5 grams or 1.5 oz per bottle.
|Herbal Ingredients per 60 ml|
|Burdock (Arctium lappa) root||901..9 mg|
|Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella) leaves||179.4 mg|
|Slipper elm (Ulmus fulva)||68.5 mg|
|Indian rhubarb (heum officinale) root||30.7 mg|