Natural Factors - 5-HTP 100 mg Free Form Amino Acid is an amino acid needed for the production of serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter in the brain that promotes healthy mood balance and emotional well-being.
- 5-HTP is a free-form amino acid and a direct precursor to serotonin, which influences mood, appetite, sleep habits and pain tolerance.
- It is known to promote healthy mood balance, and is useful as a sleep aid for people who have difficulty sleeping.
- It can also help relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia and can be used preventatively to help reduce the severity and duration of migraine headaches.
- Natural Factors 5-HTP provides you with 100 mg of this free-form amino acid to help increase serotonin levels, and improve your emotional well-being without creating dependence.
- Sourced naturally from the seeds of the African plant Griffonia Simplicifolia.
- Comes in a convenient, time-released caplet which is designed to release 5-HTP gradually to minimize the mild gastrointestinal side effects sometimes caused by 5-HTP.
- Guaranteed pure and free from contaminants.
- Isura documented and lab tested.
- Vegan friendly.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- No dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, corn, egg, fish, shellfish, animal products, salt or tree nuts.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives or sweeteners.
- Recyclable container and label.
- Formulated and packaged in Canada.
Directions: For healthy mood balance take 1 caplet 3 times daiy with food or as directed by a health care practitioner. To minimize the risk of gastrointestinal side effects, start dosing at 100 mg 2-3 times daily and slowly increase to effective dose over a 2-week period. Use for at least one week to see beneficial effects. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 1 year. For relief of Fibromyalgia symptoms take 1 caplet 3-4 times daily with food or as directed by a healh care practitioner. To minimize the risk of gastrointestinal side effects, start dosing at 100 mg 2-3 times daily and slowly increase to effective dose over a 2-week period. Use for at least 2 weeks to see beneficial effects. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 1 year. For sleep aid take 1-2 caplets daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take 30 to 45 minutes before bedtime. For freshness, store in a cool, dry place.
Caution: Sleep Aid; consult a health care practitioner is sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 4 weeks (chronic insomnia). All Uses (except sleep aid); consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. All Uses; consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activitiy. These may include, but are not limited to L-Tryptophan, S-Adenosylmethionine (SAM-e), St. John's Wort, Antidepressants, Pain Killers, over-the-counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication, and anti-migrane medication. Stop use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain, or if you experience skin changes. Avoid taking with alcohol or products that cause drowsiness. Do not use this product if you have scleroderma. Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle, or involved in activities that require mental alertness. Some people may experience diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. Keep out of reach of children. Safety sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is broken.
120 Time-Release Caplets per bottle.
|Medicinal Ingredients: Each caplet contains|
|L-5-HTP (L-5-Hydroxtryptophan) (Griffonia Simplicifolia) (Seed)||100 mg|
|Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Carbohydrate Gum (Cellulose), Coating (Carbohydrate Gum [Cellulose], Glycerine), Vegetable Grade Magnesium Stearate (Lubricant).|